For those who are elderly and in need of health care and support services, investigate the Frail Elder Waiver (FEW) programs of MassHealth. This program is primarily for those who would receive such services in their home instead of a nursing home,
The program is for those whose income is relatively low ($2523 annual for 2022), who have limited assets (no more than $2,000), and who have been evaluated as clinically eligible by the local aging entity (i.e., Coastline Elderly or Bristol Elder Services).
There are two parts required for applying:
- Contact Coastline Elderly and schedule an evaluation of the older adult. Coastline will send someone to the home to conduct the assessment.
- Complete the financial application. This application is best with the assistance of an Elder Law attorney.
It is best to coordinate between the financial application preparer and the Coastline representatives so that both parts of the application get submitted to MassHealth simultaneously.
If you would like to learn more about this program, contact Atty. Tenney Lantz at Lantz Law, Inc.
- What to Do if You Become Trustee of An Estate? - August 24, 2022
- Will My Retirement Accounts Go Through Probate? - August 10, 2022
- Frail Elder Welfare Program - June 29, 2022